Friday, February 11, 2005

Discussion Forum software

Though the software will hopefully be up and running very shortly, there might still be time to make recommendations for discussion forum software that we could use.

Feedback on features that you like or dislike are also welcome.

I personally like to have at least the option to view posts in a threaded format so I can tell which post is being responded to in long threads. I also like the option to have the threads bounce back up to the top of the list whenever a new post is added.

Some people seem to prefer that there are no separate forums, they like all of the threads in one big happy family. I think I prefer having at least a few different forums.

I also like the ability to link to other sites, post pictures, use formatting features such as bold, italics, different colors etc. Being able to mark threads as "read" can be a time saver, as can having new posts highlighted.

I believe one of the software packages receiving serious consideration is listed here: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/

Once again, any feedback is appreciated.

May Jesus Christ be praised!

Your brother-in-Christ,
Jeff

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home